January 10, 2016

Trip to Pennsylvania

Looks like something never got published from...October! I feel like we fully took advantage of the fall weather and while we were there. 


We made sure to go to Highland Orchards to see the animals and get some apple cider donuts - SO yummy! The kids had so much fun playing with uncle Ben on the slides and giant tires.

Another highlight of our trip was going to Lake Harmony, PA for the weekend, which is up in the Pocono mountain range. Had some cooler weather and hiked the trail to Hawk Falls, which was gorgeous!










My parents stayed at Lake Harmony Inn right on the lake which had a beautiful view and Ava loved sitting out around the fire pit with uncle Ben.



I bounced back and forth between where my parents were staying and a cabin that was a mile away where my friends from high school were staying. We were celebrating 10 years of being friends! We did lots of fun things like cook for each other, play games, hike, talk and laugh our heads off, build a fire, drop beats around said fire, ha! Love them. And they were SO fun and nice to my kids, can never be too grateful for that, MUAH!


The day after getting back we went over to New Jersey to my cousin Lori's house for a little birthday party/visit for me! I always look forward to seeing them when we go home, she and my other cousin Allison are just the sweetest, so fun to talk to - and both happen to have boys about the same age as Ava so it is always fun to share crazy toddlers stories :) And there is NEVER a lack of food at a Sandone gathering, my kind of people!

 side side note: 3 months later I hear from Lori that Xavier (furthest to the left) is still talking about Owen and can't wait for him to come again - this cute kid has 3 sisters in middle/high school so having another boy in the house must have been quite memorable for him. Can't wait to see them again!

Couldn't leave the state without a birthday breakfast with the sweetest girl there is. She makes everyone around her feel so special and she showered Ava and I with fun gifts for our birthdays and brought me to West Chester (Classic Diner), one of my favorite places ever. She makes me feel like I'm at home even when I'm miles away! Thank you Nicole.

And this picture just makes my skin crawl a tiny bit at the thought of doing a solo trip with two littles again but they sure are cute (and honestly, they did way better than I expected and it could have been much worse)!!

Pin It

1 comment: