November 16, 2014

BYU Homecoming 2014 (Utah Trip), Part I

I've spent every BYU Homecoming in Provo now for the past 7 years since I was a freshman in college. The past 3 times (after graduating), here, and here, have been with Devin's family and it is a trip I look forward to all year long!

Thursday


Ava was a pretty good sport for all the driving we did that weekend! We went down Thursday for Devin to meet with his cousin about marketing stuff. Meanwhile I went to IKEA to meet up with Tessa, my good childhood friend from Pennsylvania who I haven't seen in 8 years! There are a lot of people in Utah who hold such a dear place in my heart, wish I could have seen them ALL.

After IKEA I met up with Corina and we went to this yummy bakery in So. Jordan called Schmidt's, they had this really yummy toffee, Mexican wedding cookies, and lemon bars! Then we went to Gardner Village - one of my all time favorite places, especially in the fall during Witchfest! I had a birthday coupon to Archibald's so after we did some shopping the boys met up with us for dinner and it was Y-U-M. I can't NOT get their Thanksgiving dinner meal, they really know how to do comfort food.

Friday

Friday was the most BEAUTIFUL day. We did a lot of exploring, starting with Rock Canyon in Provo. It was the perfect time to see fall colors in the canyons...I miss these mountains so much!



Talane made all the girls these really cute little felt cat purses - SO fitting for all these girls and perfect for packing out leaves and fruit snacks for the hike :)

Then we ventured up the canyon some more to Heber and stopped for lunch at Granny's - oh yum! I was dying not to have my own almond joy shake (can't eat milk while nursing), it was so good (from the couple bites I had, whoops)!


I love this picture of Rose and Owen getting acquainted :) After lunch, we continued up the canyon to Midway which is one of the most beautiful places in Utah I have ever seen. We found ourselves at the Homestead Resort. They were having a fun fall display out on their grounds.




While looking at the bloody heads I told her to make a "yucky" face. I think she nailed it!



We went back to the hotel after and swam and loved on babies. Ava was so funny to watch because I forgot a swim diaper so we just used a normal diaper and boy do those swell up with water! She had quite the booty, we were cracking up as she walked back and forth from pool to hot tub.


Pin It

1 comment:

  1. What a fun trip! I look forward to you coming to town every October too! I love that picture of you kissing Ava. You're such a good momma.

    ReplyDelete