May 12, 2014

Mother's Day (Saturday) at Capital City Market

Devin knows that I love going to farmer's markets and he particularly doesn't so he watched Ava Saturday morning while I went downtown. Not going to lie, it was nice to be by myself and look at whatever I wanted for however long I wanted and buy...whatever I wanted haha! It was my Mother's Day gift :)

^^How do you people who go to farmer's markets and take beautiful pictures of everything not feel totally awkward? Do you do it all with your iPhone instead of a big black DSLR that makes people feel like they're actually getting shot at? haha I seriously felt like such a creeper.  But this guy was so nice and told me all about Brioche dough so I had to get his booth.


^^Basking in beautiful morning weather and people and food and pretty things...in peace!

The Goods
Thanks to some Mother's Day specials a lot of the the booths were having: I got a bag of fresh made pasta, a little bag of delicious toffee, jars of yummy caramel sauce, some natural baby ointment for rashes, acne, dry scalp (we'll see if it works), and this yummy caramel nut roll made with brioche dough, which is a little different than normal bread dough and it was delicious! I saved it to have for breakfast on Mother's Day :)  As you can see, I'm not one of those people who sees spending money on food and treats a waste of money. It really does make me happy!


And so do flowers...I was so happy to pick up this basket of begonias before the weekend came.  This instantly draws my eyes up from all the work that needs to be done to our lawn and I love the light pinks and creams and greens against our olive-colored-house

And even though it was nice to take a break from mommy time on Saturday morning, I sure do love being this girl's momma, she surprises me everyday with new things I love about her.  And I can't wait to see how my love grows and changes when we add our little boy in just 3 months!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment