September 30, 2012

33 1/2 WEEKS

How far along? 34 weeks on Tuesday. Baby is the size of a butternut squash.  Did I mention I'm anxious for fall?  I'm anxious for it to be fall and to eat squash and to have a baby that's hopefully bigger than squash by then.
Maternity clothes? Still a mix, I've just lucked out on finding cute, stretchy, regular-people-clothes.
Stretch marks? Not so far, feeling lucky!
Sleep: Just a little bit of turning in the night to stay comfortable but no bathroom breaks yet, thank goodness!
Best moment this week: I don't know about "best", but most interesting was when I was about to walk into the bathroom stall at the library and this lady asked when I was due as I was walking into the stall.  She went into the stall next to me and CONTINUED to converse with me about baby while I peed.  Are you ready? Is it a boy or a girl?  I have 3 grand-babies.  I get to see so-and-so (one of her grandchildren) tonight!  It was pretty awkward. 
Miss Anything? Skirts.  I don't love wearing skirts but for Sunday there aren't any quick fixes to make non-maternity skirts fit like there are for jeans (hair tie through the button loop).  Dresses are comfy but it's kind of sad to rule out most of my skirts when deciding what to wear to church.
Movement: Lots of kicking!  She is SO active from about 8-midnight. 
Food cravings: Nah, but I haven't been very good at eating lunch every day which I think has contributed to slow weight-gain this past month.  So I'm trying to plan meals better - but I like almost everything, so it hasn't been too hard.
Anything making you queasy or sick: No.
Gender: Girl!
Labor Signs: I have the "skin tightening contraction" feeling that the nurse told me I'd be feeling - but it's not painful at all and not very frequent.
Symptoms: Back gets sore more frequently but I've had quite a bit of energy lately.
Belly Button in or out? It's out, but so squishy that it stays flat when I have clothes on.
Wedding rings on or off? On
Mood: Great!  A little stressed with how fast it's coming and how many new things have been going on as far as work and projects, but it's all good :)
Looking forward to: Starting/finishing the quilts!
We've had things to go on the wall of the baby's room just sitting in there so that was yesterday's (Saturday) project.  Devin used his drill and electric sander to finish a super cute decoration that I'm going to use to hang her bows/headbands on.  Devin has liked to put a lot of input into the baby's room and he's done a great job of getting things put up and helping me with different projects.  Pics to come!
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I loved the last picture! You can barely see your feet!!!! :) I love reading these posts and learning about how you feel and such, makes me feel like I am there, like I wish I could be! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I sure wish you could be too so I'm glad it helps! P.s. you were in my dream last night :)

      Delete