January 5, 2012

New Year, new everything!

Well, I got my pictures from 2011 all wonderfully organized and ready to upload and put on here, but Blogger and I were having a love-hate relationship that day and there were games to be played (when aren't there games to be played and fun to be had?) so I gave up, sorry.  But I feel like I was pretty successful in documenting this year, so most of the pictures are already on the blog from previous posts if you are wondering...and maybe I'll get around to showing a few that I haven't yet.


But enough with the old, in with the new!

EVENTS
1. Devin started training/driving for a new shuttle bus company in Provo that is shuttling students from off-campus housing to campus.  It's great because it goes straight from their complex to the school with no extra stops and it's half the price of UTA (which also means no creepers riding the bus with you!)  Check it out @ Student Movement Inc.

2. I started student teaching at a preschool in Orem.  It has an am and a pm class which means I get to see 28 little 4-5 year olds every day, they are precious :) Highlights so far: boy throwing up (sad,but classic), kids finding really random things hilarious, playing outside on the playground in 55 degree weather TWICE yesterday.

3. Graduating in April! I can't believe it is finally here - and in relation to the previous #, it feels weird to never be on campus, as I go to the preschool everyday.  I miss people-watching, my job, and the beautiful view of the mountains as I walk from class to class.

4. Moving to Rexburg, ID after graduation!  This job opportunity is something Devin's been waiting for for a long time and is probably going to be the biggest (more than 3 month) change we've experienced yet.

5. Devin's brother Garrett comes home from his mission in May and who knows what fun celebrations that will entail :)

6. 2nd wedding anniversary!

7. Devin turns 27 and I turn 23 and am still up in the air about whether or not I'll be finding a teaching job in the fall so that anticipation is still kind of exciting :)



8. New president?  Sounds good to me

All in all, I can just tell that 2012 is going to be a good one.


Goals (aka things we haven't written down but have vocalized rather seriously)
-Devin is dieting, which he defines as eating smaller portions, more vegetables, and not after 7:00 p.m.
-We both agree we need to get to bed EARLIER due to Devin's 6:30 a.m. job, and me going to preschool everyday where germs spread like wildfire and I'm just pooped by the end.
-Manage money wisely as I am not working this semester and we'll be getting a bigger place when we move.
-Enjoy the journey Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Those are some wonderful upcoming events. So much to look forward to in 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you guys are adorable. and may all your goals be accomplished. :) i always try to go to bed early when i have to drive bus early. sadly hubs and i have too much fun just being together after work. it's soo hard to go to beeeed.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete