April 15, 2011

A good week

It's official, Devin and I are both CDL holders!  Devin passed his test on Monday and I passed mine today (Friday).  It is such a sigh of relief to have that over with....it also makes going to Alaska feel so much more REAL!




You should have seen Devin last night when he found this song: A Good Day by Priscilla Ahn.    
As he puts it: "3 1/2 years ago when I hiked Mount Timp for them first time with friend Samuel Preston, I thought we were gonna freeze to death at 3 AM and we were laying on hard cold concrete . We were going in and out of sleep when this lady hiker hiked passsed the refuge and she had this amazing song playing on her phone - it seriously warmed me up hearing it - but I only heard it for like 10 seconds and then she was gone."
Ever since that hike he's been looking for that song and finally found it last night - his joy was undescribable :)

ANYWAY,  while making breakfast this morning he turned it on and it couldn't have set the mood for today any better.  I was freaking out about passing my CDL test today and it totally calmed my nerves.  Not to mention, the weather is amazing today - above 50 degrees, no cloud in the sky, no wind, lots of blossoms.  All of that in addition to passing my test makes that song very true for us today.  

Another song I've been kind of obsessed with lately:





It really is a good life.
I've been feeling this way much more since school has been out and thinking about going home to Pennsylvania before starting our summer adventures in Alaska.  This song makes me so optimistic for everything to come.  
Devin and I celebrated 8 months of being married yesterday and I couldn't be more happy with our decision.  He understands me like no one else and we are truly best friends.  I can't wait to spend the rest of our good lives together. 
<3
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment