June 13, 2010

How's the planning?!?!

Every time I hear this question I have no idea what to say because I don't know if I have done what I am supposed to have done by now and perhaps having a million things bouncing around in my brain is a good thing, but I still feel like I haven't gotten anything done.  But, here is what we have so far...both STILL not completed, but almost!
Sorry for anyone who is OCD and cannot currently look at this picture but it was the best I could do without making a shadow on it.  We love this picture and this side of our invitation, now for the back:
This, too has been adjusted to be a lot better since I've taken this picture, and please don't pay attention to the times/places yet...except for the temple, of course :) that's a keeper. 
This next project has been my very very favorite.  Time consuming, but I think it will be worth it in the end!
CUPCAKE TOWER!!
Sorry for the yellow kind of washing out the green and stuff but I promise the colors are cute :)


None of it is glued together yet and some of the styrofoam still needs covering with ribbon, but after that it should be good!  I saved a bundle and couldn't have asked for anything cuter.  Plain white cupcake towers that would hold as much as this cost at LEAST $60.  Got the styrofoam cake boards and square cake dummies for a total of $20 including the boxing and shipping...ribbon was probably only about $6. Not bad!
Here's where I got the idea: HERE
THIS place saved me with the cheapest materials ever!
Since I made it in PA, I'm guessing I'll only be using it in PA, but I might be able to box it up to ship to Utah...we'll see!
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. You amaze me!! The cupcake tower is so cute....I do hope you are able to use it in Utah if you can get it there. The picture of you and Devin on your invitation is one of my favorites. It turned out so nice.
    We are looking forward to having you here for the weekend. I hope your travels go smoothly!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claire! Your announcements and cupcake tower both look so good! That cupcake tower is such a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that looks amazing! Devin also mentioned you are growing and arranging your own wedding bouquet--that is so creative. I wouldn't have even thought to do something that original. Hope you travel safe this weekend!

    ReplyDelete