November 17, 2012

Quilts for Ava...SEW cute

I thought our baby might have been staying put because she knew I/we still had some things to do before she comes like bind her quilt and paint her dresser, let alone organize the clothes to go in it!  But these projects are finally finished so now we just have to sit and wait...and show off our projects:

QUILT #1
 Finished this quilt last month, binding it on our long drive to Utah.  I owe a BIG thank you to Marissa for giving me the squares to this quilt.  All I had to do was sew the squares together, add batting and a back, quilt it, and bind it.  That sounds like a lot but trust me - the cutting is my least favorite part so I was THRILLED to have those already done!   The back is a soft flannel material that Laura helped me pick out.  Ava and Wynn will have matching blankets :)   


Quilt #2
 This is my quilt to Ava - one I've been planning/collecting fabric for basically since we moved here! I based the idea off of THIS quilt, however I did a LOT of calculations to get everything to be the right dimensions for what I wanted.  It turned out exactly how I wanted - kind of busy but I think the binding brings it together pretty well.  For this quilt I owe a BIG thank you to Devin's mom for taking it to get quilted for me! I love the loopy design all over it and can't wait to wash it and watch it get a little puffier.  The back of this quilt is SO soft - a swirly rose pattern.  I can't wait to wrap her up in it!

Quilt #3
 My mom made this fun rag quilt.  I absolutely LOVE it! So cheery and made out of all flannel.  It's a great weight too, not too thick or heavy but nice and warm.  The backing fabric pattern is so fun and as soon as I washed this, the raw edges fringed up perfectly.  Thank you mom!

Someone told me "you can't have too many blankets" - which better be true, because she has a lot!  It's really hard to pass up a soft blanket :)

I'll do a separate post about our dresser/changing table because this one ended up being longer than I thought!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment